The Alameda Community Sailing Center is organizing an informal forum for representatives from local non-profit sailing centers and youth sailing programs to discuss what is and is not working for their respective organizations and to share ideas on how to grow our programs and get everyone out on the water. At Oakland Yacht Club; they have a Sunday brunch from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., so come around 11:30 or noon to eat, and then the forum discussion will begin just after 1:00 p.m. For more information and to RSVP, contact Ariane Paul, cell (415) 806-2299. Please indicate whether you will come for both the brunch and forum, or to the 1:00 p.m. forum only.
- Source of Students, age levels, course levels, affiliations with other groups, schools
- Donations, donors – both individual and corporate, in-kind donations, boats and equipment, fund raising, grant writing, other income sources
- Sailing events, benefits of participation
- Advertising, media coverage
- Board of Directors, paid staff, and volunteers, qualifications, roles and responsibilities, sailing certifications (US Sailing, ASA)
- Insurance coverage, adequacy, coverage, cost, etc.
- Programs, seasonal, year-round, weekends
- Biggest successes for your organization, biggest pitfalls?
- Bay area groups working together in some areas?
- Other items for discussion are welcome!